Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions Glastonbury 2014
These booking conditions form the basis of your contract with The Pop Up Hotel Ltd and trading names thereof and govern the terms of our relationship, you should therefore read them carefully.
Where references are made to we/us/our they refer to The Pop Up Hotel Ltd. and trading names thereof. References to you and your are to you, our customer.
Without more ado..........
- When you make a booking, you are offering to purchase a room from us with such hotel facilities as are applicable to your room in accordance with the description on the website. The contract is deemed to be made between us when we accept your deposit.
- The price you have to pay for your room is as set out on our website for your chosen type of room, or, if different, as set out in writing from us to you.
- The deposit you must pay when you make your booking is a sum equal to 50% of the room rate.
- You will know we have accepted your deposit once you get an email from us confirming your booking.
- The balance of the room rate is due on or before the 1st March 2014, failure to pay on the due date means that your booking will not be honoured and your deposit is forfeited.
- Unless otherwise stated, fees are inclusive of VAT.
- We may allow time to pay in certain extenuating circumstances, if we do we will be entitled to interest on late payments at the rate of 4% per annum above the base rate of Barclays Bank plc from time to time from the due date of payment until actual payment, such rate to apply both before and after any judgement.
- Please note that in the case of Glastonbury Festival you must hold the correct ticket in order to be able to stay with us, this is stated on the relevant sections of our website.
- Cancellation by you - Without prejudice to our other rights and remedies, if you postpone or cancel your booking, after paying you’re initial deposit we will refund you 50% of the deposit paid. If you cancel after making full payment we will not refund any of your payment.
- Cancellation by us - We reserve the right to cancel your booking should there be insufficient demand overall for the hotel at Glastonbury or for such other reasons as we think necessary in which case, we shall refund your payment in full but we shall have no further liability to you for compensation or otherwise.
- Liability - We shall not be liable to you for any event beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to the cancellation of the Glastonbury Festival for any reason, nor for any loss of profit or other indirect or consequential loss or damage. Our total liability to you arising out of or in connection with this agreement shall not exceed 80% of the monies you have paid us under it at the date any claim arises (the balance being retained to cover expenses already incurred by us). Nothing in this clause shall, however, restrict our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence
- You must ensure your actions or omissions do not give rise to any loss or injury or breach of legal duty to members of the public. You agree to indemnify us and to keep us indemnified fully against all losses, actions, claims, proceedings, costs and damages and all legal costs or other expenses arising out of any breach by you or your invitees of this duty
- Quality - All implied warranties, conditions and other terms concerning our provision of accommodation to you are excluded to the extent permitted by law.
- Exchange Rates - We will invoice you in £ Sterling GBP and you agree to pay us in £ Sterling
- Termination - Without prejudice to any other right or remedies, either of us may terminate this agreement at any time by notice in writing to the other if the other party is in breach of this agreement and, in the case of a breach capable of remedy, the breach is not remedied within 14 days of the other party receiving notice specifying the breach and requiring it to be remedied, or if the other party becomes insolvent and being a company an order is made or a resolution is passed for the winding up of the other party (other than voluntary for the purpose of solvent amalgamation or reconstruction) or if an administrator, administrative receiver or receiver is appointed in respect of the whole or any part of the other's assets or business or if the other being an individual suffers a bankruptcy order to be made against him or makes any composition with its or his creditors or takes or suffers any similar or analogous action
- Our Staff. You undertake that you will not during the term of this agreement and for a period of one year following its expiry solicit or seek to induce away from our employment any person who is or was employed or engaged by us.
- Security deposit and damages - We will check over your room including all our lovely fittings before you leave, we will refund your deposit in full providing nothing is damaged or is missing in like manner to the way in which it as paid.
- You are advised not to bring any items of special value with you to Glastonbury. The Pop-Up Hotel Ltd. premises will not accept responsibility for the loss of any personal possessions.
- Discounts - All discounts are subject to availability where applicable and can be withdrawn at the discretion of The Pop-Up Hotel Ltd. without prior notice, and do not apply to bookings already confirmed. The Pop-Up Hotel Ltd. reserves the right to introduce discounts and price changes without prior notice.
- General –
- If there is an inconsistency between these general terms and conditions and any other communication, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- Amendments to this agreement shall only be valid if made in writing and signed by both parties.
- If any provision of this Agreement is found invalid or unenforceable the remainder shall, nevertheless remain in full force and effect.
- Termination of this Agreement shall not affect any of the rights and liabilities of either party accrued at that date and nor shall it affect the continuation of any obligations expressed or intended to continue after termination.
- It is not intended that anybody other than you and us may benefit from this agreement and a person who is not a party to this agreement shall not have any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement.
- Headings are for convenience only and will not affect the interpretation of this agreement.
- You may not assign this agreement without our consent.
- This agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.